Monday, October 1, 2007

MeltDown Throwdown Pt 1



Sept. 13th heralded a stellar opening exhibition @ Meltdown Comics in Hollywood.

The show is called Sonic Entrance, featuring artists who are heavily influence by sound, music and all other forms of rhythm piped in from the universe.

I was so busy cranking out digital paintings for our upcoming PFunk music video that I actually arrived late for the event.



Fortunately, the exhibition will be up until the 30th of September, so there's still time to hustle down to 7522 Sunset Blvd. and peep the show!  Oh, and I promise to be on time.

Memewhile, here are a few clips of Sonic Entrance, provided by D.J. JoyFanatic:













The first image that you see in this clip is a small print featuring Sativa riding a dragonfly, superimposed on one of Gustavo's photographic backgrounds. Here's a still image of it below:





Holy Toledo - This next clip makes learning to draw, well worth the effort!

... and yes, she was so hot - I got scurred....













Brandy Flower of the Hit & Run crew taught me how to silkscreen my very first limited edition PShirts. This is sure to be a popular collectors item. If you're interested in acquiring a shirt, let me know. If enough mugs are interested, I just might make them available.



alt

No comments: